Thursday, April 2, 2009

Guest Speaker Spotlight... Abby Larson of Style Me Pretty

Abby Larson and her absolutely gorgeous blog Style Me Pretty is a name and site we have all quickly grown to know. She has led the way in the blogging world in this industry since its inception and continues to inspire us on a daily basis. She admittedly will tell you she has the best job in the world. "I spend my days scouring the Internet for beautiful things, walking the streets of Boston waiting to be inspired, roaming the aisles of my favorite little bookshop…all day, dreaming about weddings. On any given Tuesday, you might find me on my sofa, hovering over my laptop creating inspiration boards and color palettes, constantly getting sidetracked by all of the beautiful sites I’ve found along the way." Which is something we could all say of the endless hours we can spend looking through the pages on Style Me Pretty.

Abby launched Style Me Pretty as a way to stay connected to the industry and to continue to challenge herself creatively. "As a blogger, I am forever in search of inspiration…whether it’s my grandfather’s sketches or my niece’s paintings, the perfect pair of ballet flats or a blush colored peony. There are no boundaries for inspiration. I write about all things beautiful. All things wedding. Everyday, I post my favorite finds, my latest loves…And in the midst of all the beautiful pictures and the beautiful weddings, my only hope is that I will inspire you in some small way, to translate that perfect picture in your head into a day that will make you smile for years to come." This is the creative process that Abby will share with us and take us through on May 3rd at our event at Saltwater Farm.

Aside from the inspiration boards, featured color stories, details and real weddings Abby has really done an incredible job of building her Little Black Book of the best vendors in each state. Michelle her right hand lady in the office and sweetest woman I have met in a long time, personally interviews and screens each invited vendor, of which they only select three in each category to be represented. There are many talented vendors that aren't listed in the book but the careful attention to detail and the personalized selection and extensive research that they do before you are invited to participate is truly amazing. Making the Little Black Book the most incredible resource for brides across the country. Lucinda and I are beyond thrilled and honored to have been invited to join the LBB, as have many of the participating vendors in our event.


We are so excited to be collaborating with Abby on this event which promises to be a day you definitely wont want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment